Monday, July 18, 2011

Things I'm tired of

People not using their blinkers, or using them incorrectly. Fun fact: Blinkers are supposed to be put on BEFORE you turn or get over. They're there to let OTHER drivers know your INTENTIONS.

Portland "Summer". Um, it's raining. I know, I know. It's the "Great Northwest" or whatever...but seriously. It's the middle of July and I kinda want to be like...warm. Of course, I'll regret this comment when summer hits and my house turns into a sauna. Which brings me to my next point...

My house.

My car. And it's missing window. And how that missing window seems to be an invitation to spiders. I killed 3 spiders INSIDE my car in a week...all WHILE I WAS DRIVING. Do you have any idea how hard that is for someone with arachnophobia? It's a miracle I haven't killed myself or anyone else during these terrifying times.

My hair. It's so boring. So up it goes. And up it will stay. Do you have any idea how annoying it is when you're pinned down because you've trapped yourself with your own hair? And the shedding! Good god...the shedding.

Construction. Seriously now...The other day I was forced through 2 detours in the first 10 minutes of driving. Now, I understand that construction must be done. I understand that those workers are just doing their jobs. But my entire parking lot for work is engulfed in construction. Half the road to my parking lot is actually closed. You know, the half I take to get to the damn place. I have to do a loopty loop to get there every time. And those workers...who are just doing their jobs...keep leaving their damn fence open. Like, in the lane of traffic. Where I have to drive to park. I can only turn one direction out of the parking lot now. Every day they take over more and more of my lot. And then when I'm done dealing with that I hit 48 more construction sites on my way to where ever it is I'm heading that day. I just keep telling myself it will end some time. I don't believe myself.

Being poor.

Most of all, I'm tired of not being my happy self. I know I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm not sure anyone actually cares. I'm not going to explain myself, because I don't have to. I'm used to being positive and happy and fun loving and lately I haven't been. I'm frustrated because I'm not sure how to get that happy back.

All of that said, I can't forget how lucky I am. I know I'm lucky to have a job. A job that sustains me enough to live on my own. Just barely. I'm lucky to have a home to live in. I'm lucky I have a car and I don't have to rely on public transportation, which I hate. I'm lucky to be alive. I am more than lucky to have such a big number of awesome friends that constantly look out for me and help me have the best times of my life.I really do love you guys. More than I could ever properly express. Without you guys...I really don't know where I would be right now. Hungry, that's for damn sure.

I am thankful for all that I have.

But sometimes...all of the negatives are just so heavy. They weigh everything else down. They weigh me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.