Tuesday, May 10, 2011

keepin it real

What's up unexplained absence from blogging. Am I right?
Ok, so it's been a little while since I wrote anything. That doesn't mean I haven't been out doing stuff and seeing things and living life. It means I've been doing so much of that I've hardly had a second to catch my breath, let alone write a post about the rude group of elderly folks who think they can do as they please in a restaurant.
Rather then sitting at home stressing about how I will never be able to catch up on all the stories I need to write, or feeling an overwhelming urge to give up all together, I thought I would just post a quick update, with some highlights from the past couple of weeks.
Click through to see what I've been up to!


My friend J asked me to help her with school project she was working on. She asked me to be her model. Of course I said yes. My theme was "wedding" which I find funny because I don't consider myself a wedding kind of girl. She came over and did my make up and then took pictures of me. We definitely had our awkward moments. But we had a blast. And we got to jump on the trampoline for a bit, which I'm always a fan of.
Awkward, yea?
My boss took me and K to the Dress for Success auction and fashion show. We had a blast. K and I love getting all dressed up and what better excuse is there other than a fashion show? We checked out the auction items and fell in love with a fairy tale mirror and some pretty sweet rain boots. K took full advantage of the free wine, and I kept a full glass with me so she could refill without having to fight through the crowds of people. Our seats for the show were right up front near the stage. We ate while auction winded down, and we cheered on the group of women at our table bidding on a trip to somewhere far away and amazingly beautiful. They won.
I heard one of them murmur something about not telling the husbands, just yet.
We were surprised with special guest models...who just happened to be firefighters. It's possible I hooted at my favorite one. I couldn't help it. Especially after they sent him out in his firefighter pants. Hotness.


L and I planned an after Easter Easter egg hunt in my back yard. L is a genius because having a hunt after Easter makes everything so much cheaper! We went shopping for prizes and tried to find left over Easter candy at the stores. Somehow that was almost mission impossible. We had to go to a few stores before we finally had found enough Easter candy to fill the eggs with. We hid the eggs in the back yard to the best of our abilities. There were spiders EVERYWHERE and you know that wasn't the time of my life. We ended up just tossing eggs into trees and leaving some just hanging out in the grass. We tried to hide one in the gutter special for LR but it didn't work out well.
I'm pretty sure this is going to be an annual thing because watching everyone run around trying to find the eggs and pushing each other out of the way and screaming...it was just too much fun not to do again. Inside, the hunters opened their eggs to find out if they had prizes. Some people got condoms (safe sex is important people!), K2 got a rubber chicken, and of course we had bigger prizes too. Some glow sticks, a couple of kites (which do not fly well without wind), a beer cozy, and other random things we decided to give away. Because we're cool like that.

After the hunt, A and R hosted fight night at their house. A and I were delighted to find out Drunk K* was back again. She walked in the door shouting "MASTER EDUCATOR!". We knew it would be a good night. The fun came after she had become quite a bit more intoxicated and we were all sitting down to watch the fight. R had set up extra chairs (stadium seating style he says) where A and I had ended up. Drunk K sat next to A, on her husbands lap. Then she decided that sitting wasn't good enough and proceeded to give her husband a vigorous lap dance. He didn't seem to notice and kept shifting to see around her. She had her hands braced on the back of the couch and was full on grinding her booty into his lap. Then she got this crazy look in her eyes and did a cat like growl pounce thing. I lost it. I could no longer contain my laughter and I ran down the hall to let it all out. I almost fell down. It was too funny.

K, A and I went on a shopping adventure one Saturday and decided to make my mom come along with us. Mostly because we were driving near her place anyway and because I really wanted A to meet my mom. We played on her trike for a little bit before she decided we should all go to try out the oxygen bar near her house. How could we say no to that? The bar was in a hookah bar and K talked us into trying some Pineapple hookah goodness. The oxygen bar was actually just a small machine at the front counter with 2 chairs in front of it. We could only go one at a time which was kind of lame, but shwhatev. Mom went first, then me, K and A. While one person was sucking up fresh air through a fancy nose tube (you get to keep your tube for the next time just in case you're wondering....we don't share tubes. Ew) the rest of us were sitting at our cozy table killing our lungs with tasty fruit flavored tobacco. Ok, so my mom didn't partake in the hookahing. The owner came in not long after we got there and since it was only us a couple regulars we all ended up kind of hanging out together. He got our input on his disco ball addition (keep!) and mom showed off her handerpants. He gave us some mango goodness on the house and told us all about his plans for a hookah beach party. Eventually the energy died down and we had gone from a lively group of girls to lumps stuck to the couch. I spent 28 minutes (not really) in the bathroom because I got in a fight with my tights...or more correctly, my tights got in a fight with my sparkly shoes, and when I came out everyone stared right at me. It was probably because I was all red and sweaty from trying to free myself from the tights grip of death, but they all thought I was sick. Cool. Light headed, definitely. Sick, not so much.
We said goodbye to our new friends and headed back to my moms house. She offered to make us snacks but K was starting to feel a little sick so we called it a day. After a few hours I realized my stomach didn't feel exactly...right. It wasn't like I needed to go to sleep cuddling a vom bucket, but the thought of food sure did put me off. So now I know for next time...You don't have to smoke a second round at the hookah bar just because it's free. And maybe drink some more water next time...

I saw an under cover spy that wasn't very good at being under cover.

I'm on to you mister spy


I've hula hooped, jumped on the trampoline every chance I got, had a couple dinners with a boy, went storm chasing in my car and made it out to Multnomah Falls before turning around at the end of the rainbow. Ok, so maybe I didn't find the exact end of the rainbow, but it sounded cool. I still have no dryer to dry my clothes. I still haven't tried Bikram Yoga, even though I have every intention of doing it. I still love my phone, even more now that I have Robot Unicorn Attack on it. I am loving the slightly warmer temps and the peeks of sunshine. And that, my dear friends, is what I've been up to.

That is trampoline static hair
Coming up: My birthday is this weekend!

*Drunk K is different from the K I usually write about...even when that K is drunk...This whole initials as names things is a wee bit difficult. I would link to the last post I wrote about her in, but I can't find it and I'm too lazy to search harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.