Friday, February 25, 2011

The Housewarming Hula

Saturday night, after taking a luxuriously long drive through the west hills, I headed over to W & A's housewarming party. Of course, I had to bring a housewarming gift and since W had specifically asked for me to bring my hula hoops over, I just bought him a couple of his own for the house. One beginner size and one advanced. Gotta make sure there is something for everyone ya know?
I walk in to the house and at first don't see a single person I know. Which adds to the weirdness factor of me walking around with hula hoop necklaces. I work my way to the back of the house where there seem to be more people. I find S in the kitchen, preparing shots for everyone with A. When she saw me she laughed because she was wondering who came in with hula hoops. Of course it would be me! I tried to find a place for the hula hoops to hang out when W came in. Wearing a sparkly fairy hat. Because he is apparently princess birthday tonight and not W. He's super excited about the hula hoops and takes them straight to the back patio to check out his skill level. After a couple of tries he had it down. Of course, A had to come out and check out her skills too. Which were pretty killer. And then it was handed off to the old drunk guy. Who almost took out the pretty star lamp on the ceiling when he lifted the hula hoop over his head. Bit of exaggerated movement I'm thinkin. He did not have hula skills. At least he gave it a shot. And gave us some entertainment for a minute. It's decided that more hula hooping will happen after more drinking happens. Apparently coordination gets better when drinking, contrary to popular belief.
I'm sitting on a bench on the patio and Am comes out to sit with me for a minute. She sees one of her friends walking inside and asks him to come sit with us for a minute. We both scoot over to make room for him even though he insists he's fine sitting on the arm of the bench. As soon as he starts to sit on the bench, we hear a loud crack and all jump up. The bench is now broken. Oops...People are starting to look. A and I point to her friend. We blame him. Because we are mean. W isn't upset about it of course. He's cool like that. The party continues!
More shots are had, I indulge on some delicious chips and dip. Just a few though. A beer pong tournament starts in the garage. Shots get made in the kitchen. TV watching happens in the living room. There is dancing near the computer where Pandora is playing. Though, W is sure someone changed the station... And I wouldn't really call what's going on over there dancing. One guy rolling around on the floor and a drunk girl literally stumbling out of her shoes isn't really dancing after all.
It was basically a kick ass housewarming party. Course, it's easy to have ass kicking parties when you have kick ass friends. Thanks for the invite guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.