Monday, April 11, 2011

B-day Slumber Party for K

K decided to go with a classic girls slumber party for her b-day this year. We held it at my house so no one would have to kick their man out of their own home. The advantages of singledom.
K came over first, since it was her party and all. We set snacks up and put on our pjs. Slumber parties require pjs after all.
A was one of the first to arrive and since I knew what at least part of her present to K was, I insisted K open it right away. The bag had started to fall apart when A brought it in so K had to set it on the floor so everything didn't fall out. The first thing she pulled out was a shirt. This is the part I was excited about. A made a tee shirt for K with a picture of Four Loko and a pointing finger with the words "Too loko for you!". Which is hysterical to us because whenever K drinks her beloved Four Loko so screams that at all of us. "I'm too loko for yoooooooou!" she yells at us when we try to convince her whatever drunk thing she's doing isn't a good idea. The shirt was amazing. But there was still more to discover! K reached into the bag and pulled out a frame. A says that's the correct next piece in the present to open (presents that have steps are usually awesome). It was a framed recipe for HOME MADE FOUR LOKO! Say what? K reached into the bag and found that what was left in there were all the ingredients to make four loko at home.
We got started right away. We set the recipe up in an easy to view spot on the counter and got all the ingredients out. I slipped my apron on, because I was ordered to do so. We had trouble at first figuring out what we were going to mix it all up in, but lucky for us my dear friend S had brought me a present recently that included a nice size pitcher, which was perfect for our project. Thanks S for saving the day without even knowing it!
We mixed the ingredients like mad scientists, cackling the entire time. We realized that a couple of the ingredients needed time to dissolve in the liquid (jolly ranchers take forever to dissolve btw) and used that time for a break. L and Am had arrived and we were ready to get our girly on.
L brought It's Complicated for us to watch and I busted out my nail polish basket. Sadly, the nail painting queen had to leave before we could get her to teach us her skills. We have some chips and dip. L drank some wine and the girls tried the home made four loko. Which apparently tastes just like the real thing. Good thing too, because we had a whole giant pitcher of it for them to drink.
L had apparently drank a little too much wine because when I looked at her at one point during the movie she had her hair up in a ponytail at the very top of her forhead. I told her it looked like a fluffy horn.
"I'm a fluffy rhino!"
Someone take the wine away...
Now seems like a good time for face masks. Everyone puts their hair up (except L who just had to reposition her hair horn) and starts putting the clay mask on their face. I love face masks so I'm excited. Until I find out I'm the only one who doesn't have a clay mask. Mine is clear. And so super cold when it touches my face. It's decided that it looks like I'm rubbing whale sperm on my face. All slimy and nasty. Ew.
Who cares. It left my face so silky smooth!
"Is it supposed to burn?" All of our faces had a slight burning sensation at first and for a second I thought we might have to hose off in the back yard. I don't want whale sperm all over my house after all. But the tingling subsided and while everyone else's faces dried and cracked, mine stayed gooey. Remind me not to use that kind of mask again...
Eventually the girls started making their beds around the living room and passing out one by one. I almost fell asleep in the recliner and contemplated bring my blankie out into the living room to join the now slumbering party on the floor...but decided to sleep in my own bed. Maybe I'm a spoil-sport...but I don't care. I was a comfy spoil-sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.