Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random things from this week

I didn't even realize it, but I recently hit a blogging milestone. I've now made over 100 posts! Not too shabby. Thank you, sincerely, to all of you who read, regularly or not. I wouldn't keep going if it weren't for you and it means a lot to me that you're out there reading what I write and enjoying it.

In other news, it looks like I'll be trying Bikram Yoga. There was a groupon deal too good to pass up and even though I've told myself (and others) that I would never want to try this, I'm actually pretty excited about it. I'm only going to take one or 2 classes a week and from what I've read, that's enough to make a pretty big difference in a lot of different areas health wise. I'm sure I'll be cursing myself through the first couple of classes, but I'll forgive myself. Eventually.

My most recent message received on the dating website: Hi how u do n

A invited me over to decorate Easter eggs with her 5 year old and her brothers 8 year old. I'm the only one that broke an egg. 
It started off promising:

Hot pink?! Kick ass! Glitter?? Yes please! Then I tried to get all fancy...

And I dropped the egg on it's head. You can see the skull fractures. Poor lil guy.

We had an Easter egg hunt at my office this week. We've been waiting for this to happen for a while now. We had one a few years back but haven't been able to have another one since. There was a lot of trash talking leading up to it. People that weren't here for the first hunt were a tad bit nervous. When the door was opened and we were allowed in to start hunting, it was complete madness. Screaming, shoving, pushing. The couch cushions were all over the floor. People were crawling under desks (....me), searching in cupboards, knocking things over. It was intense.
Why was it so intense? Because the prizes were GOOD! There were over 200 eggs all together. Inside some of them were pieces of paper with letters or things like "Big Winner #1" written on them. There were Starbucks gift cards, Moonstruck Chocolates (yes, I totally did win one of those!), gift certificates to restaurants, orchids, and one of the big winners got a $150 gift card to Nike!
I got the Big Winner #1 egg and heard things like "Of course she's the big winner...Again!". I worked hard for that last win! This win was way more fun. It was a gift card to Portland City Grill, since I know you're curious.

My mom came to have lunch with me at the office one day this week. She brought us some GIANT sandwiches that were quite literally over flowing with fries. Yes, fries in the sandwich. Pretty good stuff. But they were hugearific. Neither of us could finish even a half of one.

Pay it Forward day is next Thursday! I love Pay it Forward day so I can't wait to hear about all the things that go on and I am definitely excited to do some paying it forward of my own. We'll see what that ends up meaning...Probably I'll pay for someone behind me in line somewhere and maybe I'll bake some cookies to give out. We shall see...
What are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.