Thursday, December 2, 2010

My landlord, the devil

I really hate giving my biggest chunk of money to someone I regularly call the devil. I remember how to get to the rent drop off spot because it's on 66th which is close enough to 666 which is appropriate since she is the devil. Her name in my phone is devil lady. She always does devilish things. Maybe if I stopped thinking of her that way she would be less devilish. But probably not.
Anyhoo....I dropped my rent off after work yesterday. For the first time in the 2 years I've been dropping my rent off in the same fashion, devil lady's neighbors were outside. When I opened my car door I could hear a dog barking. By the time I got my feet on the ground I could see that the neighbors dog was running towards me and the woman standing outside was running after him yelling at him to come back. He was on the other side of my car now and I didn't know if I should be scared or not. So I laughed. Because what else could I really do?
The woman had finally gotten a hold of the dog and was walking him back to their home. As I walked to the mail slot, an automatic light above the door turned on and all of a sudden the dog was going absolutely insane! I could hear him snarling and barking and I could basically feel his rage through my ears. I saw a man was now taking over the dog wrangling duties but even he was having a hard time. The dog was squirming and wiggling and snarling and growling. He sounded rabid. Totally rabid.
I hurried back to my car as soon as I could. I thought to myself, why would that dog go so crazy? What would make a dog act like that? What did I do to make this dog flip out? Then it hit me. I didn't do anything. That dog knows that the devil lives there and was trying to protect me. It freaked out because I willingly walked to the door. I wonder what happens when he sees someone goes inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.