Thursday, December 2, 2010

Classy Lady

I headed to A's over the weekend and as I pulled up to her house I saw R pulling into the driveway. His friend T was parking behind me. I got out and headed to the door. I said hey to R and he said "Oh hey. Your ass is out".
I looked at my car. Nope...totally aligned with the curb.
"No...YOUR ass is out. Like your dress is stuck to your tights or something."
Oh.
Awesome.
Great. Do a little self groping and pull my dress out. I say "Well that's embarssing. Thanks!" and go inside to find A.
You know, not too long ago I would have felt myself turn bright red, avoided R and T (who totally had to have seen my entire ass. At least tights make my butt look awesome.) and left shortly after getting there. Instead I just laughed. It's funny. I wish I coulda seen myself walking to the door. Oh, how I would have laughed at myself. And I did. When I told A all about it.
And again when I told K about it the next day when she accompanied me for a nice shopping trip downtown.
I had an appointment at Blush Beauty Bar to try out eyebrow threading and K wanted to see what it was all about. (Fun fact: parking gods were on my side and gave me a kick ass spot right in front of the salon however the embarrassment demons are out to get me because when I got out of the car my skirt was trying to fall right off my ass. I wore pants the next day.)
The salon is super cute with all sorts of awesome girly stuff (holiday gift hint! for me and K!) and Megan, who did my brows, is amazing! Not only is she adorable and fun but she is very meticulous and took time to make sure that everything looked perfect. She made sure I knew that while many people find threading to be painless it doesn't mean it's like that for everyone and made it clear that if I wanted to stop it wouldn't be a problem. At one point, when she was switching eyes, I opened my eyes and even though I didn't feel any pain my eye sprung a leak. Megan was prepared. "Yea, that happens sometimes" she told me as she handed me a tissue. Prepared for anything, that girl.
It is definitely still hair being ripped of your face (the things women do!) but I wouldn't call it painful at all. Weird, definitely. Kind of uncomfortable maybe. Not painful. And I much prefer it to the ripping pain of waxing, which I've only done a couple of times in my life. I totally love the way they look and have already booked my next appointment.
After getting my new grown up eyebrows we decided to stay in the area and do some shopping and I am so glad we did. There are so many cute stores in the Pearl. Too bad I was focused on shopping for other people because I saw a lot of stuff I liked. The only place I couldn't help spending some cash was the little candy store we found. We only bought a couple home made (FREAKING DELICIOUS) caramels for ourselves and stocked up on some great yummy stocking stuffers. After spending who knows how long looking at all things girly, shiny and unique we decided food was a necessity and headed back to the east side. Cuz we're gangstas. Who eat at subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.