Monday, August 16, 2010

Graduation day!

Thursday, C graduated from getting her GED. Originally I was just going to drive me and S and her baby up to Washington to see C walk and then Big J said he was going too and offered to drive so we could save some gas money and let's face it, riding for 3 or 4 hours in a car is way more fun with more people....especially when there's baby involved because we all know how much I adore children. Don't get me wrong... S's baby is super cute and I can't help but get all gah gah when I see her smile because a baby smiling is just cute. But cute doesn't mean I want to ride in a car with a baby for long periods of time.
I definitely jumped at the chance to have a break from being the driver for once. You know, being a passenger is way different. It always takes me a little while, as a passenger, to remember that I don't have to watch the road every minute. I don't need to know what's going on around me, in front of me, behind me. I don't have to worry about speed or tailgaters, or all those stupid drivers out there. It's sooooo relaxing!
We decided to surprise C and tell her that S couldn't make it so it was just me and Big J coming up. S made up a story about a doctors appointment and even made a point of texting C on our way up there about how ridiculous the wait at the doctors office was. She was totally clueless, despite me almost totally giving it away.
Now, S and C and Big J have all been pretty close for a while and we've all known each other since at least middle school but Big J and I have never really talked or anything. So hanging out with him all these years after high school is kind of different but he's definitely not the guy I remember from way back when and holy hell there is no better way to get to know someone than a road trip! Hahaha
We wanted to leave early enough to have some time to hang out with C's family before the ceremony but the night before we left someone broke into Big J's car and stole his stereo. Rude ass people... So he had to get a different stereo put in because a few hours in a car with no music is no fun. We ended up leaving an hour later than we wanted to.Whatever.
I was so excited to be on the road. C had been in Washington for 2 weeks and boy did I miss her. Not to mention how excited both S and I were to see her face when she saw that we are dirty, dirty liars and S not only came to see her graduate, but she brought the baby too. Auntie didn't know they were coming either so there was about to be a lot of excitement.
I wish I could remember what song it was...But I don't. What I remember is Big J singing his heart out with awesome singing hand motions to go with. He did the whole sweeping hand from right to left and then up in front of his face with a nice fist pull down to top it off. It was quite moving really HAHAHA
I'm a total sing-alonger, as almost anyone who has met me knows...and suddenly I had Big J's fist in my face to use as a mic. It really helped get me into the song. Thanks man.
He had an epiphany about the fact that we wouldn't be getting home until late...like real late, which meant we would be missing the new Jersey Shore. For a second he was not happy and then I told him that this chick doesn't like life as much without a DVR and that beautiful machine would be recording our precious show so we could watch it when we got home. Happy times were back on.
Pit stop at Subway for some yummy lunch. It always cracks me up (inside) at the way babies attract attention. Babies are everywhere, but people always stop to ooh and aahh at babies. What's that about?
Of course we hit traffic on the way up. That's exactly why we wanted to leave earlier, to avoid that crap but things happen and I don't think there is really any way to avoid traffic because when you're driving for that long you are bound to run into some kind of construction or a long line of people that never learned how to merge correctly. Stupid people are so annoying.
We were getting close when C texted me to see how far we were because she was going to have to leave soon to be at the graduation place early. If we kept on track to where she was staying, we would have just barely missed her. If we went to the graduation place then we would have to wait for 20ish minutes for her to get there. We chose option B after much deliberation (and maybe a lil bit of bickering. Love filled bickering of course.) While waiting for C to get there Big J decided to change into the clothes he brought to wear to the actual graduation because he's a girl and likes to look nice. I'm not complaining or making fun...jus sayin. He starts to change his pants...outside the car...when he realized that the car he was standing right next to had someone sitting in it. Whoopsie. Move to a new spot. He starts changing his pants when he noticed the cop across the street. Watching people be paranoid is kinda fun. After changing he moves on to do his hair (girl) so he grabs his hair stuff and goes to work. And then realizes he used waaaaaay too much stuff. I couldn't see his head because he was standing outside the car and I was sitting in it...then he stuck his head inside and I couldn't stop myself from laughing because his hair did not look cute. How did he decide to fix the problem? By showering outside the car using a water bottle. His hair actually lathered because of how much stuff was in it. Just picturing that makes me laugh. Finally he finished and now we were just waiting for C to show up. She was freaking out because she was running late and they hit traffic and red lights.
We see her pull in and S tries to hide in the back. Now that we were meeting her at the place instead of her aunts house...it was harder to hide S. I get out of the car to try and distract her so she doesn't see the baby or S as she walks up to the car. I might have possibly looked crazy because I was bouncing from side to side in front of her to block her view of the car as she walked up to it (I think she was distracted enough not to notice...at least I hope so) but just as we got to the car S was trying to sneak out the opposite side and C saw the door close. She peered around me and said "what the fuck?!" and then there was some love tackling. Aw, what a cute reunion.
No time for that though, because she had to go sign in and line up. On our way in we met up with C's dad, cousin and ex and found out way to seats. Poor S had just had surgery on her ear so she could only hear from one side and of course she sat on the end with her bad ear to the rest of us. The whole time we would all be talking and she would turn to me and ask "what did he say? what did he say? what's going on? I hate this". There go the people oohing and ahhing over the baby again. Ok...she is pretty cute though.
Finally people start walking. It takes us 20 minutes to get through the first half of the graduates (that were actually there. I was amazed at how many people didn't show up) and if it wasn't for all the girls with gorgeous shoes on their feet I might have died. I never realized how perfect a graduation is for shoe watching. Everyone is wearing a robe that covers their entire outfit and they all look the same...except for the shoes. I fell in love like 84 times. I'm still dreaming of those wedges...
C's name was called and S and I went crazy. Screaming and hooting...and I noticed her ex didn't make a peep. How sweet. Way to prove your ex status homie.
Have you ever tried to get out of a graduation ceremony? Um...thousands of people and they only had one tiny door open. Not even a double door. Just one normal sized door, and outside (once we finally got out there) wasn't any better. Some how we made it out and found C and made a plan to meet at her aunts house.
We spend some time at aunties. She is a freakin hoot. She gave me a finger puppet. It's a giraffe. I named him Geoffry. I love him. Eventually baby E wakes up and comes out to play with adults. Once he found the babys car seat he decided it was a good idea to try and get in it. Even though the baby is 12 weeks old and he is much older than that. He crawled in backwards...under the hood thinger and was hanging out of either end rocking a little. He's awesome. His legs dangling from the head end and his face in the butt part. Lovely.
Then the new Jersey Shore came on the tv. I tried not to watch but I couldn't help it. We had to make ourselves leave during a commercial.
More singing and fun on the way home (and a lil traffic of course). Stopped at a rest stop to pee and as I come out of the stall I see a ownerless dog walking through the bathroom. Wtf? Go outside and find out dogs owner is barefoot...and went in the bathroom like that. EW! public, rest stop bathroom barefoot?! Eff that ish! She is just begging for the herpagonasyphilaids on her feet.
It was around 2:30 or 3 by the time we finally crawled into bed. I'm so glad my bed is made of heaven.
I should spell check and grammar check this...but I'm not going to.

4 comments:

  1. EX status confirmed by taking some GRRRREAT pics and makin sure the classes and work were done so she could graduate. *tip of the hat*

    The Ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I hope you didn't take offense mr. ex. Jus sayin what I noticed

    ReplyDelete
  3. so offense taken, jus wana make sure all your loyal fans realize im not a doucher :o)

    Love the rants/blogs btw great stuff!

    The Ex

    thats my tag from now on, i'm copywriting that title

    ReplyDelete
  4. poops!! meant to type NO instead of SO

    The Ex out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.