Monday, August 9, 2010

My weekend....

Kind of started on Thursday. My company had an open house on Thursday night and we had a henna tattoo artist, a palm reader and a tarot reader (who just so happens to be my own mom). Some people got drunk, some people were barely there for 5 minutes. Besides the awesome palm reading I got (she told me I need to relax and pamper myself more. Can I ask her for a Rx for that?) and the crazy on point tarot readings many people got, there were also hundreds of cupcakes. I'm not even exaggerating. Hundreds. We figured that people love cupcakes and they would go fast, as they always do when we have them for company birthdays and such.
Turns out, we were wrong. There were way too many left. I took a platter and filled it with cupcakes for my mom and another platter and filled it with cupcakes to take to a party I was going to go to Saturday night. I was excited actually because these cupcakes are from my favorite place (St. Cupcake. Check em out. you know you wanna!) so I was more than happy to take a bunch home with me.
On the way from the office to the car, I suddenly became the cupcake fairy. Anyone who walked near me was begging to be asked if they wanted a cupcake. They said yes of course.
Dropped off my mom, the tarot reade,r and put my cupcakes on the dash to help her inside with all her stuff since she's on crutches and was useless (of course I don't mean that. Sarcasm really does need it's own font...). I got into my car, reversed, put it in drive, sent a text before moving, and then hit the gas.
BAM!
Cupcake explosion!
Guess who forgot she had a tray of cupcakes on the dash?
This chick.
I just sat there for a minute with my foot on the break before looking at the damage that had been done. Oh, the damage! Cupcakes on the floor. Cupcakes on the passenger seat. Cupcakes on my broken from heat hula girl! Cupcakes on my purse?! Cupcakes on my auto bingo cards?!? DAMN IT!
Of course it was the frosting that was the problem. Most of the cupcakes were just sitting around naked...and their frosting had come off hitting anything in it's way as it made it's descent. Finally I decide to put the car in park while giving myself a good ole face palm. That's when I noticed my ENTIRE gear shift was covered in frosting. This sucks.
Good thing I have all those napkins in my glove box from that time we stuffed C's purse with goodies from the bar....
Too bad there weren't enough to clean up the mess. Getting the cupcakes out of the car wasn't hard. It was getting the frosting off of everything that sucked. I stole moms wet wipes and went to town. Looked clean. Of course, it was like 9 pm and mostly dark out so I only had the dim glow of the dome light to see with.
After a good 15 minutes of my car being running in the parking lot in a random position...I finally decided it was good and left.
Only to find all I had missed the next morning when I headed to work.
I apparently don't really care since my purse still has frosting. That passenger seat is quite disgusting... since I have that high class cloth interior...it's all crunchy from dried frosting. eeeewwwww.
Note to friends: Don't wear shorts in my car. You're leg will get scratched from nasty old crunchy frosting. Yum yum! (don't worry, I plan on shampooing the ish outta that soon)
Saturday I went to fight night at a friends (moms) place. (fight night = watching UFC fights with lots of other people and yummy food) Those fights were good too. One of the fighters was in the corner after one round and he pushed the guy that was wiping him down out of the way because he had to burp. A big huge mondo man burp. Awesome.
The food was good. I love my friends.
Sunday I went to a baby shower, because everyone in the world is having babys and I have to go to a baby shower every other weekend. Or a wedding. So fun to go to weddings and baby showers and bachelorette parties as a single person. Really though, the baby shower was nice. It was a good set up, the games were fun (how did I not win the guess what kind of candy bar we melted in this diaper game??) and mm mmm that food was delish.
I spent the rest of my weekend resting, pampering myself (as per the palm readers instructions!) and cleaning the house. I felt uber productive and ultra relaxed. Sorry I don't have more fun, crazy, laugh out loud stories to share...yet. They'll come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.