Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sunday

I slept in again. Because I love sleep. I decide to watch some tv before even getting out of bed because I am that much of a bum. Well whaddya know. Wrong Turn is on. Hahahaha! And after that is Wrong Turn 2. I've never seen that one but C says it is disgusting. I have nothing to do until tonight when I go to Vancouver for T's husbands birthday party. (See? I told you everyone has a birthday in August) Since I don't have to be there til later on I can be extra lazy and not shower right away. I text T to see what time I should be there and then C comes in to go use the bathroom (my house isn't built well for 2 people to be living there....it's just not built well at all actually) and I tell her I'm watching Wrong Turn. She laughs and then I tell her I'm going to watch the second one next. She makes a face. That movie must be really raunch. She says she'll watch it with me. Sweetness.
I text Big J to let him know we're watching it. I think it's funny since we kept talking about these movies when we were up at Goat Mountain so I figure he'll think it's funny too. He says the second one is on next and he's excited to watch. Then all of a sudden he can't because his family is home. Psha! Come to my house and watch it!
Well if we're going to have company I am definitely going to shower. So much for lounging. I mean...it is like 2 in the afternoon so I guess getting up isn't that big of a deal. Such a bum. I shower for about a million years and C has the second movie paused waiting for Big J and I to get our acts together.
I still haven't heard back from T so I text birthday boy to see what time I should show up.
J finally shows up (I always forget he runs on boy time...) and we get to start the movie.
Have you ever seen it? Ew.
I text T's sister Ju because I still haven't heard from T or D. No answer of course. About a third of the way through the movie I get a message on facebook from T about the party tonight. Thank god my phone gets a text when I get something on facebook because I would not have thought to look on there for info. Turns out their phones are off and that's why they didn't respond. Party is at 7. Coolness. I can finish the movie.
Which is disgusting. It's not a scary movie (even though there are a couple parts that are a little jump inducing). It's a gory movie. Like nasty icky sick gross gory. Like more than once I really almost threw up. Blech!
The movie ends and some how I made it through without losing my cookies (which incidentally, I made during the movie, because what's better on a lazy Sunday than time with friends, a movie and fresh baked cookies?). I get ready to go to T's for the party. I always feel weird when I drive in the day light if it's not to or from work...
I'm the first one to the house. I haven't seen these guys in so long! Baby V has gotten so big! And she smiles basically non stop. Freakin adorable. Turns out D's friends aren't getting there til around 8:30 or 9. They're lucky I love them and miss them or else I might be mad. D starts the briquettes for the BBQ. OMG YESSSS! They're feeding me burgers. I hope this one knows how to bbq...I tell them about the raw chicken from the day before. Apparently that makes D paranoid and he asks for help determining when the coals are ready. I help him stack them and he lights them and then we Wii bowl. I love the Wii.
We don't play normal bowling, but instead play 100 pin bowling. Oooh challenge. After a couple swings I get the hang of it and end up getting a turkey. Nice! We are having a Wii bowling tournament for the party so I'm glad I got the hang of it.
Baby needs to be fed so T disappears for a while. I like that they still breast feed. I think people don't breast feed long enough nowadays. Of course, I'm not a mom so what do I know right?
D checks the bbq and asks for my input. Totally not ready. Give it more time.
We chat. They give me chocolate cake. They're not enough of it for everyone but I'm VIP and they know my addiction to chocolate all too well so I get a piece. It was totally scrumptious.
Check the bbq again. D says he doubted me but it turns out I'm right and the briquettes did stay lit and they did turn gray all the way to the edges. Have faith young grasshopper. He flattens the coals out and now we're ready to cook. He keeps checking out the door to see if his friends are there yet. If they showed up now they would still be early. He's antsy. He's afraid no one will show up. I tell him if he keeps fearing it, it will happen so just relax and know that they will come. Guess who's right again? They show up. A lot of them. They bring gifts of the alcoholic nature. Good choice. D takes a swig directly from the bottle right as T comes out from putting the baby down to sleep. She says they have shot glasses. He knew that. He didn't care.
I introduce myself to his friends as they come in the kitchen. I'm Kay. Hi, I'm Kay. Kay, nice to meet you. Then Dan comes in and announces "everyone, this (points to me) is Muscles." Oohs and aahs happen. Awesome. Yep. That's what I meant by Kay. I meant Muscles. That's me. They know of me. And have been waiting to meet me. Coolness. No pressure.
Let the Wii bowling tourney start! Don't worry D, I'll watch the grill because apparently I'm part man and know how to do things that other men don't. No raw chicken today! Ok, so there's no chicken anyway. T and I go outside to keep an eye on the burgers. I make her my assistant. She gets me a plate, and cheese slices for the burgers. Get a batch done and put the second round on. I'm glad T is hanging out with me by the grill. I miss her face mega time. Ooh it's out turn to bowl!
Ah crap! Where did all my skill from earlier go? I suck. I can't even get the thing to work right. It hates me. This is lame. I suck. No strikes for me. T wins. I'm out of the running already. Way to make a stellar first impression kiddo. Back to grilling. They say the burgers are good. You're welcome. Finish cooking and make a special burger for myself. Build it and eat it and it's so tasty.
It's getting late and I should get some sleep since I have to work in the morning. T tells me I can't leave. I love her. We plan a date night for later in the week and I make my way back home. I'm finally starting to get the hang of the highways in Vancouver. I like when I know my way around. It makes me happy. Like a clam. A happy one.
Apparently D ended up winning the tournament. Think it was rigged?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.