Monday, September 27, 2010

Friday

K and I decided to have a bunch of our mutual friends over Friday night. All I had to do was make sure the house was clean and that was easy since it is basically always clean, especially since the beginning of the new season of Hoarders. L came over early and brought her hula hoops, pizza to cook and cupcakes she made. Thank god for her because I was starving. I preheat the oven while I make her check out all my shoe organization.
K and her man friend are the next ones to get to the house. The first pizza (veggie) is done and I try to start cooking the second pizza...but I make a giant mess and burn my finger when the pizza decides it doesn't want to be cooked and jumps off the oven rack. Now there is a giant topping free cheese only spot on this pizza....oh well. We eat and hula and before I know it the house is full of people. Some people only stayed for a little bit. No one stayed too long. We had a movie on tv but hung out in the back yard more than in the living room. We hulad out there, broke out my new nerf football.
G said something about me having so many kid toys so I showed him my toy box filled with nerf guns, bubbles and a lot of random things that someone who doesn't like kids probably shouldn't have but since I am actually a 5 year old it's fine.
Now it was time for a nerf war. Once G saw the nerf machine gun it was all over. He started loading right away. That's when A and R got to the house. I opened the door a crack but wouldn't let them in until G had the gun loaded and was aimed. Then I hid behind the door. Bitch? Nah...they're just nerf guns! So what if this one happens to be automatic and hold 25 rounds.
Drunk K insists that I take pictures with her. Then insists other join us. Then insists that there needs to be more "stuff" in our hands. And makes me wear a fedora. I love drunk K.
K, L and I fight about our last New Years Eve and people laugh at us and tell us to calm down. I sent a search team L! Ok, maybe not a team, but I did try!
More nerf wars. J asks for trouble. I trap myself in my bedroom. I try to hide in the dark and crawl to the opposite side of the bed....when J reminds me I'm still wearing my crown. You know, the one I made out of glow necklaces. So it will glow in the dark. Smart....
K wants to run around outside while she calls T Mobile to complain about them starting to charge for use of ChaCha starting in October and of course I encourage her. I bring my hula. We run around my back yard/feild and someone starts to come outside. K shushes me and tells me we should hide. That's when I get to remind her about our glow in the dark crowns. Smart....
I go inside to hang out and play high school reunion. It's fun. I like to play that game at my house a lot.
After some more drunkeness, hulaing, and nerf fighting people start to leave. The house is empty by 12 and clean by 12:20. I figured I could clean right away since a) I was still wide awake b) I feel better in a clean house and c) it's super easy to pick up after nerf wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.