Monday, September 20, 2010

OCD and Red Hot Chili Peppers

C had folding and cleaning OCD. I'm banned from folding towels in my own home. I even try to save the towel load of laundry for when she's home because I know how towels are her thing and all. She was folding some laundry on the couch while I watched tv. One shirt decided to give her trouble. It wouldn't fold the way she wanted it to. She set it aside and tried to ignore it. It was like she was giving herself some OCD exposure therapy. It doesn't work. She folds one thing before she tries to refold the stubborn shirt. I decide that for Christmas I'm going to buy her one of those folder trays they use in retail stores to fold their clothes. I think she would like that. Stubborn shirt continues to give her problems. Before I know it she is saying eff you to the shirt and chucks it to the other side of the couch.
We were supposed to go to Dukes Saturday night but L ended up not feeling up to it and A invited us to a laser light show with her, R, lil K and G. Sure why not! If we get out of that early enough we can still go to Dukes. I'm in. C is in. Let's do it!
A and R meet us at my place. C has a beer and we head out to meet lil K and G at Omsi. We get there before lil K and G so we get out of our cars and hang out in the parking lot while we wait. We have about 20 minutes before the show starts so they should be here soon. I text lil K and tell her to hurry it up. It starts to sprinkle. No biggie. Then it starts to rain. We get in the car to avoid the rain. We can't wait any longer for lil K and G. We have to go inside and buy our tickets. As soon as I open the door I realize the rain doesn't sound nearly as crazy in the car as it does in the rain. It is pouring buckets. I take 5 running steps before I'm completely soaked and give up on running. I see A and R try and fail to avoid a puddle. I avoid the same puddle...only then I jump right into it. I thought it was road...not puddle! We finally make it inside. I try to take my jacket off but it's too soaked and it's sticking to me. As I pay for our tickets I see that we've left a hefty trail of water behind us on our way in. I apologize to the workers and let them know it rained on us. They say they can tell.
We go to the bathroom because once the show starts you can't leave and come back in. Lame sauce. I finally catch a glimpse of myself. Scary! My hair looks like I just got out of the shower...without taking a towel to it. My makeup is trying not to run. My skirt is still dripping wet. I can actually wring it out. My shirt is only wet on the front half. The back half is damp from the jacket but not wet. Good thing I'm not trying to pick up men here...I'm not sure I'd be interested in the type of man that goes for drowned rat type girls.
When we get out of the bathroom I see lil K and G made it before the show started. And they are completely dry. They get evil eye from drenched C, A and I. We laugh and make some fake hate talk.
They open the doors for the show and we walk in with all 8 other people who came. I've never been there before. The seats are arranged in a circle. I follow the line of friends to some seats. The seats are weird. Leaned way far back. I suppose because we'll be looking up at the ceiling screen the whole time. Some children file into the seats behind us. Awesome. The doors close and someone starts talking. The microphone doesn't work but since there aren't many of us she figures she can just talk loudly and we can all hear her. She's right. But figures out the reason the mic didn't work is because she didn't turn it on. I'm so glad such smart people work here. She tells us she is our laserist and that means she will be in charge of our entertainment for the next 45 minutes. I tell my friends I'm scared.
The lights dim and the show starts. Laser art to the beat of Red Hot Chili Peppers music. I enjoy the music part of it....the lasers though...kind of suck. I mean a couple of parts were fun and there was one part where I thought this scary laserist was trying to hypnotize us to do her evil bidding....But for the most part....I just wanted a better laserist.
That's such a fun word. Laserist.
Not enough hang out time with my friends before it's time to leave them and head home.
At home C and I change into dry clothes as soon as we get in the door. It's been over an hour since we were caught in the rain and I am still soaked all the way down to my bra. That is just ridiculousness.
We don't go to Dukes. No dancing for me this weekend. Instead I decide it's time to put up those shelves in my room. I have been waiting to be able to do this.
I tried to put the shelves up the day before...or maybe before that. I got some L brackets from my mom and got some screws from Freddys. Turns out I only have a flat head screwdriver though. And I need a phillips head. That's annoying. I got one bracket on the wall with the flat head before I gave up. That's why I needed my moms power screwdriver. I found some oak shelves left by my ex in the garage and they will be perfect to hold all the stuff that needs a home now that ex finally got those hideous things out of my room.
I get all 3 shelves hung and finalize an inspiration board before finally crawling into bed. Livin la vida loca huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.