Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Spa night

Friday night we all congregated at A's place to have a spa night. I brought all my nail polish, a face mask, some aroma therapy stuff and foot spa stuff. I'm that kind of girly girl so I have all that crap. L and I were the only ones that we're in pajamas when we got there. We settle in and start talking about K's new job and L's new boy interest and whatever else comes to mind. We eat some pizza and they drink some drinks and eventually A pulls out her nail polish stash and we all start digging through the choices.
It was madness. There were 2 baskets of colors to choose from and all I could see were blurs of pink and what felt like millions of hands in the way. Every time I thought about reaching for a bottle there was another hand from a different direction coming in. Somehow we found some rhythm and soon K's nails were all different colors because she was "testing", A was taking off the polish she already had on, little K was just painting right over the top of the last color she had on her toes and I had 4 different colors in front of me to choose from. 2 were black light special polishes. You don't know how hard that was to talk myself out of. Actually pretty easy, once I realized that while I do have a black light bulb, I don't have anywhere to use it. So I skipped the trippy polish for this spa night and went with a girly pinkish shade. A couple girls decide now is a good time to try out the face mask. This is when the laughter starts. As soon as the mask starts drying their faces start to itch and they start to pick and now it looks like my friends are peeling their faces off. It is really funny when it looks like someone has a droopy nostril. Or when A peels her mustache off. And little A starts taking her eyebrow off. And L finds some in her hair.
So much laughter.
More drinking and snacking and laughter. Suddenly someone is talking about burritos. K is going to pick up yummy burritos for her and her boyfriend on her way home. Now we all want burritos. K has to get going anyway so we start getting ready to leave and they complain that I'm not wearing pj's and since I brought some they force me to change. Only....I'm wearing knee high boots and they are not cooperative with my silky polka dotted pants so I have to run out and search for flip flops because I don't want to look completely weird.
We're all finally ready and we head to the store. No burritos...we're going to the store for ice cream! We head straight to the ice cream aisle when we get there and start contemplation. We spend far too long down that aisle...looking, and asking each other questions. I honestly don't even remember what flavor we finally walked away with. Probably because we walked right back and thought about buying a second flavor. Oh right, cookies and cream. We only got that one flavor. We talked ourselves down a bit. Then picked up a bottle of the magic shell chocolate ice cream sauce stuff. I was really surprised how many people had never tried it before.
Back at the house we serve ourselves some ice cream. I wait for my magic shell sauce to harden before digging in but A can't wait and dives right in without waiting for the magic to take place. We enjoy it for a few minutes before turning on the Wii and playing a mario game. It was like a board game but not...The way we live keeps changing and it kinda weirds me out. I played a board game with my friends on tv with wireless remotes. Back in the day (cuz I'm sooooo ancient) we played board games on boards with real dice. You couldn't sit way back on the couch with your ice cream while playing video games. The cord for the controller didn't reach that far. Plus, back then, no matter how hard you twisted the controller it didn't actually have any effect on what the character on the screen did and now that's exactly how you control it. Moving the controller from side to side or up and down. Crazy...
Moving on!
L's brother called and was locked out of the house so we had to go so she could let him in and since I was her ride and her house is closer to mine than A's I decided I would just go home after I dropped her off. So I packed up my spa stuff, even though we didn't use it all, and I leave feeling full, relaxed, happy and grateful for the awesome life I live and the amazing people I get to call my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.