Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lessons of the hood

C and I were watching my favorite show in the world, Hoarders, when we heard a loud bang outside. I looked at her from the recliner and we confirmed that it was indeed a gunshot. Without a word we both slid off the furniture we were on down to the floor. I had to peek out the window...so I battle crawled from the living room to my bedroom, where it was dark so people outside couldn't see me peeking, while crystal continued her phone conversation from her new spot on the floor.
I saw a guy walking around in the driveway of the crack house across the street and decided we should stay relatively hidden until he was gone. So I crawled back out to the living room to tell C. I found the ice cream I was eating before we heard the shot and grabbed it to take with me. As I slid down to the grown next to C to tell her what I saw she saw the ice cream in my hand and started laughing. I see nothing wrong with this. If my life is in any kind of danger I should be able to enjoy the thing I love before dying and this ice cream was already right here. Sheesh. Rude. Judging me.
We waited a few minutes on the floor, watching tv and eating ice cream, before I crawled my way back to the bedroom to check the status of the possible shooter (who was really probably just someone else that heard the shot and was looking around for the source but lets not ruin my story k?). I peeked out the blinds and I saw no one. I decided we were safe and walked back to the living room.
Lesson: Enjoy life until the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. Ice cream, hoarders and laughter...I would have def died happy! Just rather not get shot is all haha!
    C

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.