Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Trampoline Party

What started as one person coming over to hang out turned into a party before I knew it. I got home from work and M was just getting out of her car. C opened the door for us and we had girl talk for a bit before anyone else came over. Apparently I'm the only girl I know without boy drama. I might get lonely sometimes....but I am so happy to be single when I see my friends dealing with their men and problems and misunderstandings. Of course, you don't always have to have a boyfriend to have boy drama. M ended up leaving before anyone else came over to go home and deal with the fun drama.
L and brother A came over next, with some fast food in hand to share. Awesome. Not too soon after K and K2 made it over, with a different kind of fast food in hand to share. Double awesome. After eating (and after I put some sweat shorts on under my dress) we headed straight out to the trampoline. K2 really wants to try and do some flips on my trampoline. If it was in awesome condition I would totally have no problem with it but seeing as how it's just not really safe for anything other than normal type jumping I just don't want to take the risk of the thing collapsing on my daredevil friend.
I decide to take my "work clothes" off and put on better jumping clothes. Keep the shorts I slipped on earlier and add a giant white tee. I hear K2 yell something and I wander to the back door to see what happened. Apparently a spring had shot off the tramp and hit the roof. Spare me the safety lectures.I'm fixing it as soon as I get paid ok?
I don't even notice I'm still wearing my boots until I'm back outside. They're my ninja boots anyway which basically means I have to jump in them.
L and I jump together. She makes me nervous because she likes to try to make me fall. And she laughs all evil like while she does that. After she makes brother A take some pictures of our jumping I hop off and head inside for some water and to check my phone to see if A is on her way.
We watch brother A jump for a while. He decides to jump then sit and get back up. Only he's a big kid so when he gets to the sit part....he totally hits the ground with his butt on the trampoline. We all laugh. 
K and K2 end up having to leave because K2 has a headache that just won't quit. Of course 2 minutes after they leave A finally makes it. We walk out the back door and apparently she missed all my facebook status updates relating to the trampoline and she yells at me. "Why didn't I know about this?!" Her face is as excited as a 5 year olds. I love her. I tell her to hop on but she says she cant because she's scared. So she just kind of hugs one end. C comes outside and jumps for a little bit. Brother A ends up going to the store and I ask him to bring me chocolate because if you're going to the store and ask me if I want something that's probably what I'll ask for.
I finally get A to jump. Er....try to jump. She gets on the trampoline and as soon as I jump once she's down. We're all laughing. I give her a minute to get up but she doesn't so I decide I'll just make her jump by jumping really close to her. She totally gives up on getting up. More laughter. I stop jumping and she gets up. We laugh some more. She starts to jump but they are the smallest jumps ever. The grasshoppers are laughing. I can hear it. Ok, not really. Before I know it she's down again. I'm laughing again.
Brother A comes back and I waste no time digging into my Twix. Mmmm tasty. I jump some more with L and C. Eventually L and brother A have to head back home. C, A and I head inside to cool off, even though inside is warmer than outside. Whatever.
We watch Americas Next Top Model because it was recording when we came in and a) I've watched this show since season 1 religiously with my mom and b) it's funny to watch. Especially this episode. They made the girls walk on a runway....with moving conveyor belts! It was so funny to watch these super skinny girls try to walk on basically a long treadmill without even getting to kind of practice first. So funny! They stumbled, almost fell, turned in circles and basically made total asses of themselves. One girl even said she was so embarrassed she would rather go through natural child birth again before doing that runway.
This show is totally ridiculous and my eyes hurt when I'm done watching from rolling them so much at all the nonsense, but I like to laugh at it and watch it for entertainment, not because I'm rooting for the girls or because I think anything they do on ANTM has anything to do with the actual fashion world.
A said she wanted ice cream so I talked her into going grocery shopping with C and I. An ice cream trip would have been much quicker but I like adventures so we went for adventure instead of quick. I didn't realize how long our grocery list was until we were shopping. Sorry about that A!
I think she had fun though, because she spent a lot of time laughing at C and I. Apparently the way we shop is amusing to her. We do kinda shop like married people though...
We were all pretty much done for the night by the time we got back from the store. Even though I got some ice cream and A got some ice cream with magic chocolate shell, we just said goodbye for the night. I thought for sure I was awake enough for a small bowl of ice cream but when I heard C calling me from the living room and I realized I had just fallen asleep laying diagonally on my bed, on top of the blankets, with the light on, I knew it was time for bed.
I am definitely looking forward to having some of that ice cream before dinner tonight though. Because I'm an adult and I can spoil my dinner if I want. But I won't. I'll just cleanse my pallet with deliciousness.
Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.