Sunday, October 17, 2010

Randomness on Friday

K and K2 came over to jump on the trampoline Friday. I can't even express how much more fun jumping is with other people. K and I were just minding our own business jumping and acting crazy when all of a sudden K2 is yelling "Steamroller!!" and then I almost died. He ran right into my legs and I had no where to go. I suppose I could have jumped over him but I didn't have enough time to really contemplate possible escapes and I ended up getting run into. Avoid steamrollers. Lesson learned.
They didn't stay long because they were going to see the new Jackass movie. Jackass isn't really my cup of tea and I'm not sure how I feel about it in 3D but everyone that has seen it has said great things about it so I guess I'll check it out sometime. Anyway, big J invited us to his friends house for a bonfire. All you have to say is bonfire and C and I are basically on our way.
We had only been to R's house once before and the neighborhood looks much different in the day time then it did at night... So big J tried to give us directions...only he got confused about which way we were coming from and said there was a stop sign where there wasn't one...but that's ok because we made it. Not so big J and H were there too which was awesome because I feel like it had been years since we last hung out with them.
We're not at the fire for long when the boys start talking about going to goat mountain again. Of course we want to go! It's decided (even though every time we talk about going there I remember when big J said he wouldn't go back there at night ever again and yet we keep going...) so big J and not so big J head over to big J's to get some things for the mountain trip.
Of course we shouldn't have let them leave alone. Now we have to wait for boy time. Be right back really means I'm gonna take forever for no real reason and I will have absolutely no explanation for why I was gone so long. Seriously though, the fire was almost dead by the time they finally came back. Silly boys...
We head to plaid to get nourishments (even though big J brought us all some energy drinks) and C and I decide to use the bathroom while we're already here so we can cut down on the amount of squatting we do. I steal some tp to take up to the mountain with us too, just in case. We always need it and we never seem to have it readily available.
The guys try to plan. Not so big J is in his Jeep. Big J goes to his passenger side window and starts talking about the plan. Talk talk talk plan plan plan hey is your window down? Yes, he really did just talk to not so big J for that long and not so big J didn't hear any of it because his window was up. Ha!
We drive and drive and drive. Back roads, exploration, find some hoopty who de whos (big J 's words) and drive down a road that clearly hasn't been driven down in a long time and is pretty well over grown.
You know, I think it's weird that stores start selling Christmas stuff before they even put Halloween stuff out. I mean, there are 2 holidays before that! I always think it's ridiculous. You know what's more ridiculous? Hearing an old ass 'NSync Christmas song in October. Even funnier: the song was on big J's ipod and he was definitely singing along. With enthusiasm.
We take a little break on the overgrown road and C takes the opportunity to use that tp I snatched earlier. Good thing I grabbed that. She chooses the weirdest place to pee and is fairly certain the other Jeep had a view of her cooca but I don't think anyone was paying attention. It's not like anyone expects her to crouch off somewhere in the bushes. Not on this mountain, no sir.
We explore the roads some more and the guys find the perfect place for them to play in some mud. A couple of small cookies and then we head straight for that mud wall and we drive nowhere straight up for a minute. Ok, maybe not straight up....but it was a good 70 or 80 degree slope. There were a couple of times we thought we might get stuck but that didn't happen.
Explore some more roads. Bypass a closed gate. The gate was closed yes, but that path over there was totally open and just happened to lead to the same road as the one behind the gate. Drive, explore, rock out to random music. We try to head back exactly the way we came but as it turns out the way we came in isn't the best way back out. There is a big stump in the way and with all the mud big J doesn't have the best traction and is having trouble getting up the hill without coming scarily close to the stump. And then suddenly the stump is right outside C's window. We decide to escape the Jeep while big J works on getting past this obstacle. She crawls out her window because she can't open the door with that stump in the way and I crawl over to the opposite side of the Jeep and crawl out the other side since I can't open my door either what with that mud wall in the way and all.
Not so big J and big J try to figure out a way around this stump and C, H and I wander around the area and find a path that seems a little less....stumpy, hilly, scary, muddy. We tell the boys. They try to continue what they're doing. We become more insistent. Ok, H became more insistent. She lights the path with her flashlight and guides the guys past the big rocks and back onto a drivable path where we can all hop back in the Jeeps and finally head home.
I'm this close to wanting my own Jeep. Gas prices keep that out of my head though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.