Tuesday, October 26, 2010

She and Him

W won 2 tickets to see She & Him but thought he was getting tickets to something else. Since he didn't want these tickets he was so very kind as to give them to me! I was super excited because I totally adore Zooey Deschanel. I asked L to go with me. I got home from work on Friday and immediately started playing with my clothes because I'm a girly girl like that and on the off chance I might possibly get to actually meet Zooey, I wanted to make sure I looked cute. Hey, you gotta be prepared right? I was ready to go by 6 and I didn't have to pick L up until she was ready which left me watching tv for half an hour. No complaints from me though because I have a full DVR that needs some watchlove.
After I picked up L we headed downtown. We had plenty of time to spare so we stopped into McDonalds since it was on the way from the car to the concert. I got a burger since I was starving and L headed to the bathroom. I took the opportunity to scope out my surroundings. I feel like I could be in a rehab and not a fast food place. A stroller came around the corner followed by children and parents. They were loud. L and I picked a seat in the far corner of the "restaurant" and as soon as someone walked by with ice cream L decided she wanted a dipped cone. We are after all the ice cream connoisseurs. She got one for me too. She had to wait in a crazy long line full of suspect looking people.
Question: Why do people think it's ok to be as loud as possible about private matters in public places?
We sat and ate our cones in silence for a few minutes. The chocolate they use to dip their cones is totally different than Dairy Queen. Not bad different, but different. I again couldn't finish the cone and as I got up to throw it away L accused me of being sick, again. I don't think I will ever be able to get away with not finishing ice cream.
As we made our way into the concert hall L noted the signs saying there would be no cameras or recording equipment, including cell phones, allowed in and she was glad she didn't bring her camera. I brought mine but it definitely didn't matter because the only precaution they took was putting those signs up. They didn't check our purses like some places would and they didn't even say a word to the young girls taking pictures  right in front of the door with the sign. We find our seats and people watch until the show starts. I'm pretty sure that girl over there is wearing the same dress as me. L is unsure about the combo of patterned tights with the floral dress on the girl next to me, but I like it. Odd couple of the year over there and hey don't we know that guy from school?
The group that went on stage before She & Him was a local band. Funky sound with an older hippie man as the lead singer. I really had trouble understanding the words he sang but he had some seriously sweet ass dance moves. I call it the flamingo. He would bend one leg back at the knee and hop around a few times. He made me smile a lot.
During intermission between local flamingo dancing hippie and the main act L told me how thankful she was to have a neck. Which made me self conscience of my own neck so for a few minutes I just kind of strangled myself checking my neck wrinkles until I was satisfied that I do indeed have a normal neck. Thank goodness.
She & Him came on stage and everyone is totally excited because that's how concerts work. Zooey was a bouncy ball of sunshine and the same hippie guy played guitar for their band.
They were totally awesome. They're sound was totally enjoyable and the way Zooey danced around on stage, bouncing around like a kid with the back up singers doing the same thing, made it all better. She played the keyboard, a little ukulele, did some great things with a tambourine and the tone in her voice is just....lovely really. Their energy was totally infectious for me and I smiled the whole time.
After the show (Zooey and M. Ward ran off stage as soon as their last song was over so no real chance of meeting them not like that was really gonna happen anyway) we squished our way out onto the street with hundreds of other people at the same time. That's the downside to events like this. Getting out of them can be hell. It wasn't too bad though. Until L decided to walk around all the people on the sidewalk by going in the street. I tried to follow....but suddenly I was realizing my foot felt so wobbly. I looked down and saw my foot move forward and then sideways. It was out of my control now. The ground was getting closer to my face. L says she heard some people say uh oh. The first and only words out of my mouth were nice and loud.
"Oh shit"
Then I got up as quick as I had fallen and L asked if I was ok while she laughed. I said yep and she cackled. "It wasn't me this time! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
For one small moment I was totally embarrassed. Do you know how many people just probably saw my ass? And then it was funny. The only downside is I didn't get to see it happen. Watching people fall is almost always funny so at least I know I gave some people something to laugh about on their way home. Which is exactly what L and I did the entire way home. Laughed and laughed and laughed. I'm pretty sure everyone that witnessed this thinks I'm a lunatic and L is a bitch but we were laughing and having fun so who the heck cares. I only scraped my knees a little bit. They barely hurt at all.
Until I tried to go to bed and they rubbed on the sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.