Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Biggest Loser at work

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Ok, so that's a bit dramatic.
We decided in our last company meeting that we will participate in a Biggest Loser type competition within the office. Today is the first day of the challenge. We go through the 31st of March.
For every pound we lose, we will be donating $5 to the OR Food Bank.
That right there means I have to participate. There are hungry people all over the world and I'm hoarding (HOARDING!!!) pounds on my body. It's time to let go. Besides, not everyone in the office has a ton of weight to lose so I have to pick up their slack. People need to eat! Plus, I'll look like a jackass if I have all this weight to lose, which translates to money for the food bank, and I just sit back and watch everyone else.
And then there's the fact that I want to get in shape anyway. What better time to start? And if I can win a prize for it....well shit, I'm gonna try!

We will also be measuring body fat % so before you go telling me it's not all about pounds...calm yourself.

Here's my plan: For breakfast, a fruit smoothie with fresh and frozen fruit, 100% fruit juice and a dollop of yogurt. Thank you magic bullet for the handy mug so I can take this with me to work! For lunch, a green salad with some lite dressing (I chose balsamic vinaigrette). A couple snacks during the day (an apple, banana, string cheese and maybe some almonds) and for dinner chicken/steak/fish with a vegetable.
I'll be working out in the mornings before work, at the gym. A half hour swim after some light weight lifting and then some relaxing time in the steam room. At night, while watching my guilty pleasure TV shows I'll be hula hooping.
I had a smoothie this morning, packed a salad and some snacks and even took a multi-vitamin.
Here's what I want to ask from you. I do love chocolate...but please don't give me any. Not until April at least. No, I am not cutting chocolate completely out of my life because that would just be a terrible idea and definite failure, but I definitely need to cut back.
If you have tips, or want to kick my ass in a workout, let me know! Any personal trainers out there want to train me for free for a couple of months? Eh? Eh?

Basically, I'm in it to win it bitches! So bring it! Because you're goin DOWN!

2 comments:

  1. here's a chocolate suggestion: http://www.lewhif.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm wow! Thanks for the link Anon...Totally made my mouth water. Course, chocolate in any form usually does that to me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.