Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shopping, girls night and family love

I headed straight to K's after waking up and showering Saturday morning. We were both super excited to go shopping. We had a list of things to look for and a whole day to find them. I probably should have had a plan for which stores to go to but I didn't. I just went where it felt right.
So of course I ended up at Goodwill. One that I don't go to often though. I got the list out and we headed inside. We definitely hit the jackpot and K had a lot of trying on to do. Even though some things ended up not working out, so much did that we had to spend a some time deciding what things to put back.
While she was in the fitting room a woman and her child waited near me for an open fitting room. The child turned and looked at me. And then sniffed. What the heck?


We needed a break so we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. The wait was nonexistent, and thank God for that because we were both starving. Bad news is our waiter totally sucked. We would ask for more breadsticks and by the time we saw him again we would need more drinks and he still didn't have our breadsticks. He ordered the wrong soup for K and forgot my lemon. Sounds kind of petty writing it but really...the little things make a difference. He wasn't bad enough to not get a tip. But it was only 10% and I'm an avid believer in always tipping at least 15% unless they deserve more...or in this case less.
After lunch we decided to try Platos Closet. Good choice. We found a bunch of awesome things and I even snagged a couple things for myself. I couldn't say no to a unicorn necklace and for only $4...I had to.
We had to call it quits after that store because we got so much and K is now out of spending money. So we head back to her place to play with all her new goods. She is totally in love with everything which means I've done my job.
We go back to her place after stopping for some take n bake pizza and kidnapping L because we were having a girls night later. K plans the cleaning she wants to do but when we open the door to her place K2 is vacuuming and had already done the dishes. Aw cute.
Once all the girls have made it, K starts to make them all play dress up with her clothes. She is so excited about everything that she shows everyone everything. The drinking begins and now K wants me to play with her makeup. To match one of her new outfits of course. And then I did Am's makeup and then L's and then I tried to do A's...but she kept getting the spins when she closed her eyes so she was off the hook.
And that's basically how the night went. I hung out in what became my private makeup studio, the bathroom, and talked with the girls that were in there while everyone else hung out in the living room, drinking, laughing and eating pizza. I love a good girls night.
On Sunday I went to lunch with my mom. We went to our usual place by her house and were greeted by our favorite waitress H. Who happens to call me by name. My other name...
"Hey Muscles! How ya doin?!"
She's so nice. We love her.
After we eat we head to grampys to spend some time with him and his dying dog. Grampy's had his dog for a long time now. He's getting really old and there's talk of kidney failure which means the end is near.
Earlier in the week grampy had gone to the vet to put Burrito (that's the dogs name. He says he calls him that because he can't spell Taco) to sleep but thankfully the vets told him that wasn't necessary at this point. So we get the cute lil fluffy guy for a little while longer.
As usual he was walking around licking the carpet. Grampy was sitting in his chair and his house was warm enough, as usual, for me to take off all of my outside layers instead of just a couple.
Grampy said some of his friends were complaining about a picture of some stupid looking girl on his facebook and them mimicked the face in said picture.
It's my picture. Apparently a picture of me jumping on my trampoline = stupid looking girl.
Awesome.
Thanks gramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.