Monday, January 31, 2011

Last weekend of January

Can you believe tomorrow is the first of February? I suppose I should start with Friday. After work I went home and did some cleaning. Because apparently that's all I do any more. The ex came over for a little bit to pick up a couple of his things still left behind and I took the opportunity to tell him (again) that he needs to stop effing around and realize that I'm not interested in having a relationship with him. He said he understood, and then not even 5 minutes later suggested us getting together for a movie.

:-/

Clearly, he does not understand. At least he finally got his crap out of my garage.

Click through to read the rest!


Later that night, after R got off work, he came over and we watched Dinner For Scoundrels. Which is pretty funny by the way. We had a good time and I don't doubt that we'll hang out again soon. At this point though, he works a lot and I'm always busy so we don't have a lot of shared free time to hang out. And that's totally fine. I like the freedom of doing what I want, when I want. I like not worrying and stressing. It's all very laid back and stress free. A.K.A. the best.
On Saturday I headed over to my friend Am's house. She just got her taxes back and wanted to spend some on some new clothes for herself. So she asked me to come check out her closet and help her find some new clothes. Of course I agreed. Not only is this what I have fun doing, but she is already super cute so I knew dressing her up would be a lot of fun. She has a great shape and can wear a lot of things other people can't get away with. We went to some thrift shops in SE before going to Goodwill. We found a ton of great stuff that she loves and had a blast. We got to do a lot of girl talk, make fun of crazy jumpsuits from the 80's and look at a bunch of sparkly jewelry. It was a good time for sure. She really got some great pieces and holy crap she looks amazing!
When she was in the fitting room of one store, I had to try to figure out how to explain that I was only waiting for someone already in a room to the fitting room attendant. I go to this particular store a lot and I know this particular employee. In fact, I remember groaning when I saw he was the one working in the fitting room area. I hate him. Not only does he not know much of the English language, but he also likes to take long breaks from working his post and more than once I (or someone else) has had to crawl under the door because he was no where to be found. Now he was trying to get me a room to try on clothes even though I kept saying "No, waiting for a friend!". When I finally got through to him, the young boy waiting for his mother nearby started scooting suspiciously closer. Am opened the door to ask for my opinion and when I turned back from the door the boy was literally an inch from where I was standing only a moment before. It was clear that he had some sort of mental disability, though I'm not sure what exactly. And now I was trapped in a corner and he was getting closer. I felt him staring at me and once his arm got really close and I thought he was going to try to touch me, but then his mom came out and he stepped away. I turned to face the other way and locked eyes with a giant stuffed dog across the store. It wasn't even in the toys. It was just staring at me with its head cocked to the side, from a shelf across the store.
While we were at our last store, looking through the shoes and purses, I spotted a pair of boots that K has been on the hunt for for a long time now. I beelined straight to them to see if they were really all she had been looking for. There was no size marking other than an "L" printed on the inside so I had to try them on to see. Lucky for K, we wear about the same size. I slipped them on with no problem and knew I had to buy them. I checked out their condition and found a small flaw in the leather on one of the toes. I decided it was small enough not to notice and headed to the register with Am, who had an arm load of goods.
After I paid I realized I had a $10 credit slip in my purse that I should have used. Oh well. That just means I'll have to go shopping again soon.
After I dropped Am back off at home I headed straight to K's to give her the boots. I made it clear that this was a joint custody type of situation and that she should still be on the look out for her perfect boots because I definitely want to wear these sometime. I know how much she wanted them so I knew she would be the first one to keep them for a bit. She apparently is in love with them. Job well done eagle shopper.
While I'm there we watch Michael Jackson's This Is It. I just can't seem to get past that guys face. it's just so weird looking. It's clear he wants everything to run smoothly and he practices a lot. He definitely had a killer work ethic. But seriously...why was he allowed to do that to his face?!
After a serious conversation about when Michael was the ish, I headed home for the night. Now that I'm getting up early for a work out I find myself getting exhausted much earlier in the night. By the time 9:30 rolls around I'm usually already fighting off the yawns.
Since we're on the subject, the diet is still going great. I had bread for the first time in over 2 weeks over the weekend. It was AMAZING. I also went a little overboard with some ritz crackers on Friday night but I'm not worried about either of those things because a) once in a while is ok and b) cleaning my yard turned out to be a huge workout so any extra calories I might have eaten definitely got worked off. 
I made it to the gym before work every day last week and hula hooped for almost an hour 3 times through the week. The last time being yesterday, after I cleaned the yard, and after T at worked boasted about some weight loss on Facebook. Nothing like a little competition to get me moving! And it's about time I get some competition! So far in this Biggest Loser competition, it seems like my friends that don't even work with me are the ones kicking ass! (Congrats K and A!) Tomorrow is weigh in day and I can't wait to see what the scale says. I admit...I'm nervous...but I know I'm doing the right things and the scale has been on my side so far.
I accomplished some more cleaning projects over the weekend which, as always, feels great. My car is officially vacuumed, though doing that made me realize I need to shampoo the heck out of it too. But my goal for the month was to get it vacuumed and I did that so I'm happy. I also finally got the garbage in the back yard cleaned up. I don't know how I let so much crap build up out there...but I'm glad I finally took care of it all. There was a box of empty beer cans left out there from one summer party, and through the winter the wind blew it around until all the cans were out of the box and scattered around the yard like ornaments. I threw those all in a paper bag and stuck it next to the recycle bin on the curb. This was the perfect day to clean because trash pickup is Monday morning so I could get rid of everything right away.
Before I went to bed, I peeked out the window and noticed the bag of cans was already gone. I knew they would be. Earlier in the week, when I had my mad cleaning frenzy, I took some Goodwill donation stuff to the trunk of my car. While out there I realized the stack of dishes I wanted to get rid of would probably get broken in the trunk since I didn't have a box to put them in. So I put the stack of dishes on the sidewalk right in front of my yard to decide what to do with them later. Later came, and the dishes were gone. After that I decided whenever I want to get rid of something I'll just leave it outside for the tweakers.
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.