Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend recap

I don't have much to say about this weekend. I had fun. Hung out with friends. Stuck to my diet. Even went to the gym.
You want more then that don't you? Fine.
I had movie night at my house on Sunday night. At first it was just going to be L and I, but then it turned into a mini party. Which was fun. I got take n bake pizza for everyone (I wouldn't be having any to stick with my diet) and stuff for vodka smoothies (mine would be a regular smoothie of course). Baking that pizza...smelling it....it was hard you guys...But I did it! I didn't have one slice. It helped that K2 took the rest of one of them home. We watched a couple of kid movies and went old school with Tommy Boy.
I went shopping with an old friend from high school on Monday. She invited me to lunch (thanks to her mounds of Chipotle gift cards she acquired over the holidays. Don't worry guys. I had chicken salad.
After we ate, since we were by the mall already, she decided to make use of my style dream and we went to Ross and she let me pick some things out for her to try on. Almost everything I touched she had a comment to make.
I don't do lace.
It's cute but....meh.
Not gonna happen!
Well don't ask for my advice if you don't want to hear it! I made her try on some things even though she made it clear she doesn't "do" sweaters. I mean why in heavens not? Warm is good! Ok, so the sweater I picked out was bright pink. She told me to help her inject some color into her closet! So it had some flowers on it? You're a girl...it's ok to look like it!
She totally bought that bright pink sweater. Score one for me.

So let's talk about this diet business for a minute. It's officially been a week and aside from my one time a week indulgence (last week was home made chicken pizza), I totally stuck to it. I've had a smoothie for breakfast every morning, I make a salad to take with me to work for lunch every day along with a bunch of fruit for snacking. I've made chicken, steak or fish with vegetables every night for dinner, except the nights that I had leftovers. I finally started going to the gym on a regular basis but I've been slacking on my hula hooping...
I'm not going to say it's been so easy. It's definitely been easier than ever before in my life. But I still crave everything I can't have like crazy. I'm only being super strict until the end of the biggest loser competition at work, but I do allow myself one indulgence per week. I'm making sure that this week it's chocolate. It's been a week since I had chocolate you guys. Whoa.
Plus getting up to go to the gym is a real bitch. I mean...I just hate getting out of bed in the morning.  I just keep repeating to myself that it's worth it, and some how I keep going.
Also, I lost 5 pounds!!!! Do I kick ass or what?

I want to write more. I want to give more details and write more happy, funny things. But I just don't have it in my right now. I hope you all had a fun weekend and have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Ask a question. Request a favorite story.